Friday, June 13, 2008

Why is getting dressed so difficult?

I often feel self conscious wearing items I have made. I think it is just the fledging sewer in me.... is this good enough mumbo jumbo. Today, I got dressed and changed about three times. I wanted casual and comfortable without being too underdressed... it wasn't easy to put together today. Anywho, I finally settled on the first dress I've made since I took up sewing again. This is the overall look....

It is Very Easy Vogue V8442 with a number of alterations, including belt loops, belt and one panel front. I like to make my desired alterations when sewing than to be married to the pattern, since there is always something I'm not totally keen on. This is definitely a pattern I'd keep altering if I make it again as I think the top part could be a little smaller and the sleeves are just a bit too wide.

But, I'm dressed now and ready to take on the day! Happy Friday the 13th!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I think you look great!