Friday, July 25, 2008

Am I "In Style?"


So, I was flipping through my August In Style on the plane to Long Beach last week and came across this page. I immediately gravitated to the sweater I have circled. I thought it looked comfortable and warm yet fashionable enough. (I also really like the one next to it.) And as I thought about it and looked at it more, I realized I already own this sweater. It's essentially the Minimalist Cardigan from Interweave Knits Fall 2007. Of course mine is light blue and made from a cotton blend, not wool. Mine has no pockets. Mine also cost less and was made with my own two hands. That very moment I realized I'm truly a knitter. And, fashionable to boot.

3 comments:

leah said...

Woohoo! Love it when thing work out like that!

La Nina said...

Congratulations! I take so much cheap pleasure in finding expensive articles of clothing I could make myself on the cheap. Sounds like you're ahead of the game!

Jane said...

Well done you. I love that pattern.