Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello to Arms!

Finally we are passed where we put the arm stitches on scrap yarn. I'm fully aware this shouldn't have taken so long.... I'm not really sure why it did. After all, it's a freaking baby sweater - they aren't that big. I'm just grateful to be there. I haven't had time to work on it today (Note to self: really must take a knitting lunch!) but anticipate moving along a little more tonight.

I've also turned my kitchen table back into sewing central. I cut out the pattern for the pants I'm making. The fabric I bought for a dress is in the dryer as I type. I plan to again set up the sewing machine tomorrow night! I've been missing that sucker - we've been separated since before June 23rd. I promise not to sing "Reunited and it feels so good...." After all, I like my dog and don't feel the need to torture her. Well, and my neighbors might report me for cruelty....

I've been pretty obsessed with my mom's Waldorf Salad lately.... really, five great ingredients all put together in a yummy bowl. I just made more tonight with the Macintosh apples that were sitting in my fridge. I can't wait to eat it! I'm pretty certain it might be one of the most perfect salads around with the healthiness of the carrots, apples, raisins and walnuts canceling out the negative points of the light mayo.

And lastly, here's a picture of the wine bottle smushed into a cheese tray. I think it will be perfect for my stepsister Karen for Christmas. I couldn't convince myself somehow that I needed one too but I think they are super cool.

8 comments:

Meg said...

I always find baby sweaters to take forever and a day - not sure why! Hang in there!!

Meredith said...

That cheese tray is really awesome! What a neat idea!

Stacy said...

I love that cheese tray. I wonder how freaking hot you have to get the glass to smush it. And, what would you smush it with?

leah said...

The sweater is looking super! I love the color too!

T. said...

You always think those darned baby sweaters will go faster than they do, eh?

workthatwardrobe said...

I'm glad you showed a picture of the tray, what an unusual gift.
Any chance of your Waldorf Salad recipe?

riggwelter said...

I want that cheese tray!

LadybirdLinz (:i:) said...

That is one fab cheese tray!

I adore the little pink knit but unfortunately i'm finding my little pinkie neice is growing faster than I can knit lol.