Monday, July 28, 2008

I so get sucked into these things....

Free time + sitting in front of the computer + reading someone else's thoughts on these questions = meme for Stacy

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I think dreaming about my future is an apt description. I was in graduate school, applying for assistantships and hoping against hope to get something to help me pay for the education that ensured I could find a poorly paying job in my field. I got said assistantship and even managed to work with friends.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1.) Cast on the final sleeve of the Mon Cheri Baby Sweater.
2.) Go buy fruit from the lovely produce stand man a block away.
3.) Hold an efficient meeting this afternoon. It is supposed to last 30 minutes and by dog gone, I'd like it to only be that long!
4.) Cook the gorgeous ears of corn that are in my fridge for dinner! Yum!
5.) Cut out the pattern for my next sewing project.

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Chocolate is divine! I've been having a hankering for yogurt lately. Strawberries can be a lovely treat. Oh, and I do like Laffy Taffy.... there has been some in the office lately and it is evil.

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Secure my future through my TIAA-CREF account, follow my passion out of my current job and perhaps into writing or crafting or maybe even academic advising, support (more) my favorite charities, endow a scholarship, buy a cottage-y home and decorate it accordingly (including paint the walls - apartment living with white walls means I long for more color), adopt a wee one and buy tons of squeaky toys for Rosy.

5) Places I have lived:
Buffalo and Fredonia, NY; Kirksville, MO; Erie, PA; Silver Spring and Bethesda, MD; Danbury, CT; Philadelphia, PA

6) Jobs I have had:
Desk attendant at a fitness center, Academic Advisor, Residence Hall Director, Fraternity/Sorority Advisor, Sorority HQ staff member

5 comments:

leah said...

An efficient meeting...good luck! I've attended very few of those!

Smokey in the City said...

Hey! Where'd you live in Erie? I went to school there.

(p.s. this is smokeyinthecity)

Stacy said...

I lived pretty much across from the mall in Erie.... worked at Gannon.

Jane said...

I love reading these things.Thanks for sharing.

Karen said...

Know what you mean about getting sucked into these questionnaire thingies...but they're interesting, no?