Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I've been busy....

Sorry, I have been so absent! Between my trip to Long Beach and having a bad headache yesterday, life has been busy! I'm now back on my feet and catching up.

Long Beach was amazing! It was great to see my friend and meet her kiddos for the first time. The program I facilitated on Saturday went great. I received some good feedback and plan to tweak the agenda a bit from there. Saturday night, I got to go to Downtown Disney and see the fireworks, eat fudge and experience the madness that is Libby Lu. Really, does life get better? Actually it does because for dinner that night I got In and Out. (I can't believe I almost forgot!) Their burgers and fries are so delish and always on my "to do list" in Southern California.

I did get some knitting done on the Mon Cheri Baby Sweater on the plane ride out. Funny, that work was almost for naught. I stayed in my friend's daughter's room, Hannah Montana bed and all. (Miley was very well behaved, thank you very much.) The two girls were in there playing when Cassie went to check on them. Well, the youngest, who is 3, found my knitting and must have thought it looked like fun (smart girl, I know!). Nothing got unraveled but there was a brief moment of panic (more on Cassie's part than mine as I figure everything can be re-knit). The same girl also discovered my make-up - I just know this child is going to be crafty and beautiful! I have about 2 inches of sweater left. Then sleeves, embroidery and buttons and it will be ready to mail out.

I finished my linen pants. They came out pretty good, although a little big. I guess the joy of drawstrings is that you can make them fit. I also put one buttons on both pockets as an additional touch.... it also helps close up the gapping on the right pocket. (My right pocket always gapes....I should just sew them all shut.) Right now, they are sitting in my laundry basket because it seemed like the easiest method of getting the stray threads and fluff off them. So, hopefully they will debut some time later this week. Now, I have to figure out what dress pattern I'm tackling next....

Yesterday, I received the yarn I ordered from Webs. I bought this amazingly beautiful Malabrigo Geranio (I love Malabrigo!) to make a copy of the scarf Carrie wears in the SATC movie. It's wide, cabled and seed stitched and should offer me a good challenge for Ravelympics. I'm so looking forward to casting on. Actually, even rolling the hanks into balls is exciting right now because I want to play with that yarn....

I think I'm teaching a sewing "class" for my friend this Saturday. She wants to learn to sew and I guess I'm the best free teacher around. (Smirk) We are starting with an A-line skirt, both for its simpleness and her desire for more skirts in her wardrobe. I sent her a list of things to buy and hopefully all will come out okay. Wish me (or perhaps her?) luck!

Oh, and guess what my co-worker brought in today??? Beautiful, ripe, and tasty tomatoes! I had one for dinner. Delicious! I think I will probably make a small batch of pasta sauce this weekend with these. I can't wait... if only it was Friday.

3 comments:

leah said...

Wow! Looks like a super trip! Good luck with the sewing classes! A friend just taught me to spin and it was awesome! It is great when friend can share talents!

Jane said...

I love your blog, it make me realise that the best things in life are really quite simple and there for the taking. Friends, crafts, good food and an appreciation for life. Keep up the rosy outlook, it always makes me feel better.

Jillian said...

I would love to get back into sewing. It is so rewarding and (at times) so much faster than knitting!