Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One Order of Motivation. Yes, I'll have the fries with that.


My motivation over the past couple of days has not been high. I haven't even really been into my sewing really (GASP!). I started cutting out the pattern for my brown linen drawstring pants and kind of fizzled after the first piece. So, everything is spread out on the kitchen table giving me a little bit of a guilt complex. It not really that messy but I had to eat in the living room tonight. Sewing Central should really involve sewing if it is going to displace me from my eating spot. I remind myself that sewing is supposed to be stress relieving and not doing it shouldn't be a cause of stress.

This has just been a rough week. I haven't been sleeping well - not sure why. Rosy was under the weather (she's doing better now... greeting me at the door and playing again. Woohoo for that!!). I know I'm going away this weekend and I had to prepare for my workshop. I'm one of the few people at work so it's quiet, which was nice at first but got boring fast.

This weekend's trip will be fun. I'm going to California to facilitate a program. But I'm staying with a friend, meeting her kids for the first time and seeing a couple of other friends. And I have the entire cross country flights to knit! The program is all planned and should be pretty low maintenance. And, perhaps In and Out is in my future....I can only hope! So really it should be a wonderful trip.

Anywho, I have made a little more progress on the Mon Cheri Baby Sweater (as I type that, I always say it out loud with an incredibly poor French accent. The French would so kick me out of their country!). The little thing is coming along - Ellie might even have it before her first birthday! (Yes, the kiddo is only 1 1/2 months old. I just feel like I'm moving rather slowly.) I am hoping to jump (pedal perhaps?) forward this weekend.

And maybe next week I'll have my mojo back too....

2 comments:

leah said...

Here's to getting your mojo back! I'm excited to see the pants!

Donna Lee said...

I love to sew and generally it is a stress relief. Sometimes, though, it causes more stress than it relieves! I haven't sewn in a while so my family has had full access to the dining room table. When I sew I take over the dining room until the machine part is done. Gotta spread out!