Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Riding into Paris Now...


I might be ending the Tour de France knit-a-long late but at least I'm rolling into Paris without a bad crash. The Mon Cheri Baby Sweater is finished (and almost completely dry)! I finished the second sleeve this morning at 9:30 AM. I'm pretty much loving it!! It came out great. I already wrote the note to go in the package. I have some pink tissue paper in a box - once it is dry, everything will be packed and shipped off to that gorgeous little baby. YAY!

I also cut out the pattern for the dress. I'm planning on making style B first - the bottom right one on the envelope. I have some brown and pink fabric I'm going to use for the main part of the dress and brown linen for the panels and waistband. I also placed an order for some pink and green fabrics today for another version of this dress. I need to iron the fabric and then I can being cutting everything out. Sewing will be done over the weekend probably!

And in my crafting frenzy, I finished one sleeve for the revised version of my Minimalist Cardigan. I couldn't quite inspire myself to cast on the second sleeve. (Am I going to start dreaming of sleeves? It's entirely possible...) The cast on will definitely be part of my day tomorrow.

For now, I'm off to rest, play with the pup and partake in Law and Order....

6 comments:

leah said...

Woohoo! What a great finish!!

workthatwardrobe said...

That is so cute.
I wish my infuriating 11-year-old daughter was that size again!

Jillian said...

The baby sweater came out so well.

The pink and brown fabric with brown linen is going to look wonderful on the dress!

sara said...

Cute as a button!

MicheleLB said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is adorable. Baby garments are such fun to make (so much faster than our own).

beki said...

It's adorable!!