Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sometimes Nothing to Look at is Truly Something


I have this dress pattern calling my name. The hurdle I need to get over is cutting out the pattern pieces. Playing with that thin paper while sweating in the kitchen sans ceiling fan is just not my idea of fun. (Shocking I know!) Now, this pattern doesn't look like much I know. Kind of dated. Not particularly attractive. It certainly didn't call my name. BUT.... if you look at this and this, you see it can be something cute. Erin's success is totally my reasoning for buying this pattern. So, I'm hoping to cut out the pieces soon... like maybe tomorrow night. Then I can make this over the weekend for sure!

Tonight is reserved for that darn little sleeve on the Mon Cheri Baby Sweater. I have about 1/4 of it done currently and am determined now. It's.so.close I can taste it. (But then I'd definitely have cotton mouth. Yuck!)
I embroidered the flower on during Army Wives on Sunday. Of course I gotta multi-task like that... story of my life! I'm pretty happy with the flower... you know, anything I do could always be better but overall it came out great. So, I just need to finish that cute baby sleeve and do a little blocking. Then off to Ellie it goes!

All of these things are a great diversion from the project I'm totally itching to begin. My Ravelympics project is just calling my name. I'm making a version of this scarf and I really wanna play with the yarn. I hope 8-8-08 gets here soon!

Ahh, you know life is good when the juggling you are doing is which project should be on your plate now!

5 comments:

Jillian said...

A bunch of great projects! I can't wait to see the finished dress...

leah said...

Love the dress! What fabric are you thinking? I think it will be wonderful

Jane said...

Wow. You've been busy no wonder there's been no past.
I like the dresses that have been made up from the pattern. I love the style of the turquoise one on the front of the pattern.
Have fun!

Smokey in the City said...

I was too late to sign up for the Ravolympics or even the Yarn Harlot's trials. So I'm just going to finish two UFOs I have that MUST MUST MUST get finished because I won't let myself CO for anything else until they're done. Wish me luck!

The dress pattern looks great. What kind of fabric do you have planned for it.

Again, I marvel at your talent.

Sonia said...

That dress pattern is totally cute! I wish I knew how to sew, I would definitely make something like that.