Thursday, July 17, 2008

That Delicious Waldorf Salad


So, I finished that wonderful Waldolf Salad yesterday. It was so darn good I'm thinking I need to buy more apples soon. I probably eat two servings in one serving BUT it's delish and mostly made of things that are good for me. For those interested, the recipe is rather easy.

The ingredients for my mom's Waldorf Salad:
Two and three apples, depending on size
About 1/3 cup raisins
About 1/3 cup walnuts
Shredded carrots (I typically shred about 5 to 6 baby carrots)
Grapes (optional)
About 1/3 cup of light mayonnaise

Combine raisins, walnuts and shredded carrot in a bowl. Add grapes if you are using them. Cut apple into small pieces. Add mayo and mix until all apples are covered. You might need to add more or less mayo, depending on how much apple is in your salad. Let it sit in your refrigerator for at least two hours so that the raisins plumb slightly. This should make about 5 to 6 servings. The salad is normally good for about three days.

Enjoy!


Tomorrow I get my whole plane ride to CA to knit! Granted, I'll probably watch some stuff on the iPod and read too. But quality knitting time is in my future (and a day off from work!) and I can't wait. I hope to have a lot of progress on the Mon Cheri Baby Sweater to report on come Monday.

Happy weekend all!

4 comments:

national lottery said...

I'm thankful with your blog it is very useful to me.

leah said...

thanks for sharing your recipe!! It sounds yummy!

Samsara said...

The recipe sounds Yummy! I'll have to try it! Thanks for comment on my Blog btw, I don't think I've seen Stepmom, I'll have to add it to my 'To watch' list! And I'd forgotten about Mona Lisa Smile! :-)

Jane said...

Thanks for the recipe. My kids have just broke up from school, I can't wait to make it with them.
(workthatwardrobe)