Saturday, August 30, 2008

Ahh, the Siren Song Calls Again...

I confess; I went to my LYS today. I didn't actually buy anything (yet). The yarn I'm looking for for the wrap sweater is on order. I left them my number to call me when it comes in. So, I'm going to give in soon and start that sucker..... lack of willpower met my payday yesterday. The good news is I also found yarn to make a sweater for my mother for Christmas. So, once the wrap sweater yarn is in, I'm using my 20% off coupon and buying big. Yep, I've been saving that 20% off for a big sweater purchase. Why not do two at a time?
On that sweater note, I've been working on the Anything But Basic Black sweater. I have about half of the back done. I'm kind of liking the pink/purple camo look. My goal is to keep cracking on this little lovely.... although I'm not a huge fan of knitting with the yarn so it is a little more difficult to be motivated.

Off to eat my gorgeous little cherry tomatoes and leave to visit my friend.... so glad it is the weekend....

7 comments:

leah said...

Not sure how long I can hold out either! A coupon would sure make it easier to take the plunge!

Jillian said...

Oh how I want to buy yarn!

The sweater looks great!

Iron Needles said...

Ahhhhh...you crossed over to the dark side!
But for an already destined 'purpose' (pattern already picked out!) and for a Christmas gift (for someone else even!) doesn't really count as stash-building, you know!

Laura said...

Sweater looks great. I love the yarn! You have resisted for a long time using that coupon...I am impressed!

workthatwardrobe said...

That colour reminds me of the mixture of hues I see on the blackberry (bramble) bushes I pass every morning when I walk the dog.
So great for this time of year.

Karen said...

I agree with the other commenters -- yarn-buying for a planned project or for a gift actually counts as "justified spending," not "wanton stash-building." And what's the yarn on the pinky-purple camo sweater? It's too pretty!

Kara said...

Way to work the coupons. Your sweater colors are totally fun.