Friday, August 1, 2008

Decisions, Decisions...

Remember this luscious yarn I bought in Venice? The ultra soft cashmere?

I have spent I don't know how much time looking at patterns on Ravelry today - definitely more than an hour. I'm thinking of making a scarf with it. (Yes, I might cast on two scarves during the hottest month of the year!) I'm thinking about this one or this one. (The first one is a Ravelry link so if you aren't registered, you won't be able to see it.) I only have 220 yards so a scarf seems the most do-able. The problem is no pattern seems quite good enough for this lovely, soft and beautiful yarn. After all, it is from Italy. And like everything else in Venice, it cost me an arm and a leg. (Yay for the weak American dollar!) I just keep debating in my head what I should cast on....(perhaps my problems with commitment boiling to the surface?) I know I could always frog it if I decided the scarf wasn't working for me. But I just haven't been able to make myself decide yet!

5 comments:

leah said...

Hard choice with such special yarn (which is gorgeous). Between the 2 you are looking at...I think I like the first better, but again I understand you dilemma!

Jillian said...

They are both really nice patterns, but I think I am leaning towards the first. Oh how I love cashmere!!!

workthatwardrobe said...

I can't see the first but the second one looks nice.
Have you thought about socks?

Laura said...

I vote for the first one!
Nice yarn BTW.

beki said...

I'm going with the majority and voting for the first one. I even put in my ravelry que to try out myself!