Saturday, August 16, 2008

I Love My Neighborhood....

I went on a longer walk in the neighborhood with little dog this afternoon. We are so lucky, as everything is blooming around us and we live just two blocks from a nice wooded area. We meandered around and just enjoyed the cooler weather and the beauty that is this area of Philadelphia. We took some pictures as we walked (actually I did as Rosy still hasn't managed to figure out the digital camera...she's like one of those older people who couldn't figure out VCRs.)

We also did a bunch of sewing and knitting today. It is such a luxury to have a day where there are no commitments, nothing calling for my attention. I am on the second skein of my Ravelympics project. The Carrie Scarf is coming along nicely, even if I am getting a little tired of seed stitch. I realized today, after having re-done the sleeve for the Minimalist Cardigan recently, that perhaps I've over-indulged in seed/moss stitch. The next knitting project must involve a different stitch!

My v-neck dress is almost done. I started sewing all of the pieces together this morning, building a number of breaks into the process. I find, if I don't have long pauses I get close to the end and get more careless as I'm almost done. I'm adjusting my strategy to ensure success. I now have all but the bottom hem and the sash done. I am pretty pleased with the gathering on the arms, as I did a good job of having them come out even. I think I might make another version of this same pattern in the red fabric I got (the Little Orphan Annie dress).

I also got a bunch of produce at the store today. I am in love with all of the tastes of summer. You know how sometimes you want to eat something even when you know it will be better if you wait just a.little.bit? My cantaloupe, which is really calling my name, is not completely ripe yet. Hopefully tomorrow....

3 comments:

leah said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Meredith said...

I agree, it sounds like a lovely day! I'm having a day off of sorts too, with no commitments. It was much needed, and it's been so nice to sit back and relax!

Jillian said...

Beautiful flowers!

There is nothing like fresh fruit. I always look forward to picking my own. This year adds extra fun with all the crazy fruit I have never heard of. Ever had an abiu? SOOOO good!