Monday, August 25, 2008

Makin' Mitts!


I work at a university and today marked the return of some of my students. Tomorrow, we leave to go on retreat with the student leaders overnight (let me tell you how excited I am to go sleep in the woods with the mosquitoes and 50 of my students). By Thursday or Friday, pretty much everyone will be back. So, I think I'm fully gearing up for fall. So to fully celebrate the coming fall, I made these this weekend with some yarn from the stash. They are made with Rowan Plaid and it was super great to work with - these were a combination of patterns and were done in about 4 hours. I have enough of the yarn left to make a hat, which I will do eventually. I also worked on my Anything But Basic Black Sweater. I didn't get too far but at least made a little progress.

No sewing this weekend.... for some reason the sewing machine wasn't inspiring. I really need to get cracking on the red dress I'm making. I'm also planning on making some pretty big alterations to the Olive It Dress because well, I don't love it. Hopefully later this week I'll get motivated.

Now, it's time for a small dinner and a little nap on the couch..... then packing for retreat!

6 comments:

leah said...

The mitts look great! I hope the retreat actually feels like a retreat!

MicheleLB said...

Mosquitoes love me. You should take me along as decoy bait! Have fun!

Meredith said...

I can't wait for fall! The mitts look really great and useful!

Karen said...

With luck, the nights will be cool and the skeeters will be few. I actually kinda envy you a camping trip, as I have done none this summer! (Not a camping trip with 50 university students, however. That you can have.)

Jillian said...

The mitts look great! I feel for you with the retreat. I honestly don't think I have yet been on one that I have enjoyed...

workthatwardrobe said...

Hi Stacy. Thos emitts make me feel all warm and cosy, grearing up for the autumn (Fall).