Thursday, August 14, 2008

Note to Self: Knit the Stash

Okay, I only started knitting about a year ago. It hasn't been that long and already I have a stash that has expanded beyond the small containers I have for it. And yet, today I find myself perusing WEBS, thinking about yarn for that sweater I want to make. Admiring the lovely, soft looking DK weights. I blame my friend. She had me look at yarn for her project on the website. Friends who feed your yarn habit are evil and goodness all in one. And so I repeat the mantra "knit from stash Stacy, knit from stash." I need to focus on the project currently cast on before embracing (and spending money) on something else. Off to quietly mediate on that mantra.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

It is so hard to be disciplined and use the yarn you have! I always find myself yarn shopping, when I really really don't need to be!

leah said...

I have the same problem! I see a sale and think oh I need that. Just last month I had to remind myself there will always be a sale and I already have lots of nice yarn!

madalyn said...

I do that all the time, too. Or, I fall in love with a pattern that I don't have enough yarn for in my stash, so then I feel like I have no choice but to buy more yarn.

Iron Needles said...

Only knitting for a year and you have crossed over to the dark side of stash enhancement! Why, oh, why does the accumulation of yarn go so much faster than the knitting of yarn?