Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Back from retreating....

The retreat went pretty darn good. My colleagues and I accomplished what we were hoping to and the students were re-energizing and fun. We had sixty students there and the three of us from my office. This was such a great turn-out - normally we have closer to 50 students. I even got a fairly decent night sleep.... although that was due in large part to skipping the bonfire.

The retreat site was much better than I was led to believe. We stayed in a cute little stone house called, charmingly, Stone House. We had a break in the afternoon for swimming in the pool, hanging out or napping. I walked around, saw the (very green) pond and then knit for a bit. It was truly a cute little place, in large part because of how nice the weather was yesterday.... not too hot, not too cold. A bunch of the students hung out by the playground equipment, which also made for some great photo ops (for future use on our office website).

The part I definitely was most happy about were the adorable little creatures there to greet us. Not the staff, although they were nice, but the llama and donkey they had! Eleanor and Gracie were so nice and I actually knit while sitting on the ground by their enclosure, admiring them (whenever they decided to emerge from their little shed). Who wouldn't love these faces? Gracie is the donkey. Since the Democratic National Convention was going on while we were there, I had to take her picture. She was a little camera shy for a while but I finally got her to come over and pose for me. She also got a little petting because who can resist such a sweetie!















Eleanor was a little warmer from the get go... although I think she was really just hoping for snacks. Alas, I had none. I seriously could have spent more time with these two; they were so sweet.

I was glad to come home at the end of the day. It was nice to get back to my little Rosy love, my apartment and comfortable bed! And, hopefully a little less smelly knitting time....

6 comments:

leah said...

What adorable faces!

workthatwardrobe said...

It sounds such a wonderful break. And the pictures are adorable.
Bu I know what you mean about sleeping in your own bed.

Jewel said...

You have to love those faces and the teeth also.

Iron Needles said...

Welcome home!

Perhaps the llama knows knitting. Were you knitting with llama yarn?!

Meredith said...

Looks like it was a fun time! Sometimes it's nice to get away from routine, but it's always nice to come back home.

Jillian said...

They are sooo cute!