Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sometimes You Gotta Have a One Craft Night...

Not a stitch of knitting yesterday but productive nonetheless. When I got home last night, I worked on the Duro. I finally managed to figure things out. My mental block came from the fact that something told me to cut out 4 pieces of one pattern piece. (The writing on the pattern perhaps?) Well, I only needed two. So, once I figured that out, I was good to go. This is what I ended with at about 10 PM last night. I tried it on and hated it. But, then I used the sash (went with the linen one in the same brown), tucked up the hem about 4 inches, put on my raspberry wedges and determined it has great promise. I need to cut about two inches off the bottom and then hem the sleeves and the bottom. I also need to fiddle with the collar a little bit because it was lying kind of wonky (nothing bothers me more than those wonky collars!). But, I'm feeling like it will be a great new addition to the dress section of my closet.... ahh, something to look forward to.

Speaking of new additions, I got these lovely fabrics in the mail yesterday! Woohoo!! (Gosh, I love packages!) I'm planning on making another dress out of the same pattern, although a different style. I absolutely adore pink and green together so I'm excited to get started. The fabric will be making the trip to Buffalo with Rosy and me so it can be washed and thus utilized as soon as I get back.

Speaking of Buffalo, I think my mom and I are going to get pedicures while I'm there. Sadly, this is my first pedicure of the season - and it's August! I'm looking forward to that massaging chair (get your minds out of the gutter people!) and some bright pink polish. Of course, I'm also planning on seeking out yarn stores in the area. The Raverly Buffalo forum has given me a lot of great locations - now I have to pick just one to save my budget. Oh, and perhaps the purchase of some red fabric is on my agenda.... My ADD side might throw in a bead store just to break the bank and complete the trifecta.

Tonight, the Stitch and Pitch (and thus knitting!). And, only three more days until the Ravelympics begin!

5 comments:

leah said...

Wow! I'm amazed at your progress on the dress!!! the try it on and hate it is what I don't like about sewing/knitting garments!....but you can alter too! Sometimes it feels like a huge experiment. Glad with a few alterations the dress will be just right!

Iron Needles said...

Thanks for the comment and the compliment on the sox. (Eldest Daughter lives in the 'burbs west of Philly.) Enjoyed the sewing post. My sister and I worked on getting my old treadle going while she was visiting. Looks like my old Singer will be the machine of choice for now!

loralie said...

The dress looks very cute! It'll be great once you've got it perfect -- the colors and fabric look so good! I also love the new fabric you got! That stuff looks really cool! I wish I could sew like that! Have fun in Buffalo!

workthatwardrobe said...

I love that dress, you have done a really good job. I look forward to seeing your new creations with the fabric.

madalyn said...

The dress looks cute! And I like the new green fabric!