Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Clouds, Cookies and Quality Time

This morning, as I putzed around before going to work, I just so happened to take a second to look out my apartment window. This is the view that greeted me. The blue of the sky, green of the trees and white clouds just made me smile. How can you help but be content when the beauty of the world is all around you?

And, if that doesn't do it, these do. The brownies and macaroons were left over from my little Silpada party on Sunday. I had a nice little spread of cheeses, fruit salad, veggies and dip and these treats. I made some friends take brownies home with them and still had a few left. The macaroons are my favorite, as they are really the easiest recipe ever. In case anyone is interested, I got it from cooks.com and it is:

1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp. flour
1.8 tsp salt
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp almond extract

Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in unbeaten egg whites and almond extract. Mis well. Drop in small teaspoons on greased cookie tray. Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until edges are brown. Remove from trays at once. Delish!

Anywho, I've been making definite progress on the It's a Wrap sweater. For the past week, I had very little knitting time. It was beginning to stress me out. Luckily, Sunday and Monday nights lent themselves to some quality time with the needles. I should have about a third of it done by the end of tonight. And, I'm feeling much more relaxed....

4 comments:

Jillian said...

I would so love one of those brownies....

leah said...

I so broke down tonight and bought yarn for my Clapotis, but not sea silk! I can't wait to show you pics!

workthatwardrobe said...

I am just about to have breakfast. Guess what I want now?

DiddleDaddleDesigns said...

Just found your blog. The brownies look wonderful. Glad you were able to fit in some knitting time.
Teresa