Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happiness is.... new yarn

I've been a little anti-crafty lately. Not that I've avoided doing things, but haven't had the time. I was up in Easton, PA for part of the weekend helping a colleague with a program she was running. It was fun to visit and stay up late helping her. No knitting or sewing got done however. Monday I was home but only got about six rows of knitting done on the Anything But Basic Black sweater. A friend came over in the afternoon and we went for a short hike and then ate dinner. No additional knitting was accomplished last night as I got totally sucked into 90210. (Yep, I'm kind of loving it... cheesiness and all.) Tonight, hopefully some knitting while watching the Republican shindig. However, the true highlight of my day is this:
I went and made my major purchase at The Tangled Web today. I bought 14 skeins - $107 worth - for $86 with my 20% off coupon!! The green is for my mom's Christmas present (February Lady Sweater) and the black is for my wrap sweater! I paid for the wrap sweater pattern and today the transaction finally went through so the pattern should arrive soooooooooon. I can't wait to cast on.... because what I need of course is two sweaters on the needles at one time.

I also need to get cracking on that red dress. The function I need it for is the 13th of this month. Part of it is cut out. I just need to cut out the other pieces and start sewing. I know once I do that, it will just go together. Just need to jump the hurdle of cutting everything out....

Oh, and the Anything But Basic Black sweater is made with yarn I got at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival this spring. It's from Koenig Farm Spinnery in Kentucky and is a lovely kid mohair blend. What I love is that a skein is 425 yards!

4 comments:

leah said...

Oh no! Now do I have to give in too!!!! I think both choices will make lovely sweaters!

Stacy said...

Sorry for being a bad influence Leah!

workthatwardrobe said...

I love looking at the raw materials and seeing transformations. Go girl.

Iron Needles said...

You gave in to some very delicious yarn! Lots of fun new projects to start that should be fun to do.