Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Highlights of September

September has seemed busy in that fun-can't-fit-everything-in way. Some of the highlights for me are:
  • Starting my first quilt ever. I'm (luckily) using my stepsister as my quilting mentor as she has done a ton over the years and is only a phone call or email away.
  • Venturing back into jewelry making, including a number of Christmas or birthday gifts. I forgot how much I love working with wire.
  • Finished a Christmas gift for a friend. See the kitty at right.
  • Signed up for a yarn dyeing class. I might have to miss it for a training but hopefully not!
  • Got the new printer with a scanner. I'm finally moving ahead technologically!
  • Started the wrap sweater. I'm about 45% done. Must get back to my knitting!
  • Cooked and baked more than normal.
  • Went apple picking!
  • Had a group of friends over for a little party.
  • Focused more on the beauty that is around me. I have a love affair with trees. They are so lovely with their twisting branches and green, waving leaves.
  • I have taken Rosy for longer walks. (BTW, fall is her favorite because she loves chasing and "attacking" the leaves. It's a true giggle fest for me.)
  • I think my artistic eye for photographs is growing as I take more photos than before. I hope I can keep growing that!
What a happy month!

7 comments:

littlestbirds said...

It sounds like you have kept very busy this month - and it looks like you have had a blast!

leah said...

What a great month!!! If only all of them could be so nice!

Meredith said...

Sounds like so much fun!

I keep thinking I want to start quilting, but I just don't know. I've been reading books about it but I kinda feel like I need someone to show me the tricks and tips. We'll see I guess! Can't wait to see yours!

Dee said...

What a happy post!

Hope your October is even happier.

Iron Needles said...

I love it when I can look back and feel good about what I have learned or accomplished. It's better when the lessons and accomplishments are of a positive nature, too.

Happy October!

Maria Rose said...

Hello, just stumbled upon your blog and I love it!

Jewel said...

Quilting is so fun and its nice to have someone so close if you need help. Christmas gifts wow!