- Starting my first quilt ever. I'm (luckily) using my stepsister as my quilting mentor as she has done a ton over the years and is only a phone call or email away.
- Venturing back into jewelry making, including a number of Christmas or birthday gifts. I forgot how much I love working with wire.
- Finished a Christmas gift for a friend. See the kitty at right.
- Signed up for a yarn dyeing class. I might have to miss it for a training but hopefully not!
- Got the new printer with a scanner. I'm finally moving ahead technologically!
- Started the wrap sweater. I'm about 45% done. Must get back to my knitting!
- Cooked and baked more than normal.
- Went apple picking!
- Had a group of friends over for a little party.
- Focused more on the beauty that is around me. I have a love affair with trees. They are so lovely with their twisting branches and green, waving leaves.
- I have taken Rosy for longer walks. (BTW, fall is her favorite because she loves chasing and "attacking" the leaves. It's a true giggle fest for me.)
- I think my artistic eye for photographs is growing as I take more photos than before. I hope I can keep growing that!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Highlights of September
September has seemed busy in that fun-can't-fit-everything-in way. Some of the highlights for me are: