Sunday, September 28, 2008

Misty Day at the Apple Orchard

Yesterday, I went apple picking with my friend Katie. There is an orchard not too far from me that is very family friendly - corn maze, playground, cider press, etc. It was kind of rainy but tons of fun. We didn't pick a ton of apples; just enough for Katie and me to split.Today, I plan to make apple cake with some of them.
I also picked up a small pumpkin, which is now sitting on the window sill yelling "Welcome fall!!" Some cider and an apple cider doughnut rounded out our time at Snipes Farm.













Today, I'm planning on making some apple cake. I love fall!

3 comments:

leah said...

Oh what fun! I love apple cake!

Iron Needles said...

That sounds like lots of fun. And your cake looks really good!

Bellgirl said...

oooh yum, I love all things 'orchard', the apple cake looks delicious, all the more so because I can see where the apples came from!