Saturday, September 20, 2008

Officially on the Road to my First Quilt

I am officially closer to starting my first quilt! I bought a bunch of fat quarters today at JoAnn's. Between these and some of the blue fabric I already have in my stash, I should be able to fashion together a nice little lap sized quilt for my mom's Christmas gift. Her living room has some great blues in it and is kind of earthy so I think these will go nicely. I also got the purples for a little pop. I bought the batting and a blue fabric for the back. So, I'm all set to start this project (once I figure out what pattern I'm going to be doing). I'm kind of excited and a wee bit nervous.

I also picked up buttons for my mom's Christmas February Lady's Sweater. I have that gorgeous, soft forest green yarn. The brown buttons should compliment it perfectly!

And, the pattern on the left jumped right into my basket. I think it saw me looking at some lovely eggplant colored fabric and just knew I needed a new fall dress. I'm thinking the v neck version in eggplant with a red belt and black sweater will be fantastic. I need some fall dresses as my closet was feeling rather empty this week. The fabric is in the wash already so sewing can commence this week.

Lastly, I have to share this picture of my delightful little dog. She has been so adorable lately (okay, she always is and I'm being totally objective....). I just love her shaggy, I-need-a-haircut face! Isn't she just the cutest?

3 comments:

Dee said...

Awwww... pup is a sweetie. But, I think she would rather you put down the camera and go get her a cookie!

That's an "I wanna cookie" face.

The fabric is really pretty. I love the purple with the leaves.

leah said...

The fabrics you picked for the quilt are perfect!!! I can't wait to see what you do!

Laura said...

What a great stash! Cute doggie too!