Monday, September 29, 2008

Save that Sweater (and other ramblings...)


I'm home from work today. I was a little sore after a fall yesterday. Let's just say I shouldn't work out when I'm feeling tired because the treadmill is going to win. Luckily, after a pain pill, a heating pad, some sleep and a bit of yoga stretching, I am feeling better!

As such I have been able to do some work on the quilt today. Each strip is now pieced together. Two of them are joined together.... four more to go. It is looking good... perfectly lap sized for my mom! I'm getting pretty excited and seriously hope I can wait until Christmas to give it to her.

Over the weekend, I added this ribbon accent to the top of one of my favorite cardigans. It is a little Target cashmere number that was fraying at the collar. The ribbon now hides all of the fraying section and it is again like new. I chose a black ribbon because it would keep the cardigan as a neutral, making it a good piece in my closet. (I also realized recently I don't have nearly as many cardigans as I thought and am in need of more....but I digress.)

When I picked up the ribbon for the cardigan, I got a quarter of a yard of this fabric. I have no idea what I'm going to do with but must find something before Election Day. If you have any fun ideas, send them my way...

It's also getting a little cooler here this week, which is nice. When it was hot and humid over the weekend, I couldn't bring myself to work on the It's a Wrap sweater too much. The thought of wool on my lap was just not appealing.... cooler weather means more knitting!

8 comments:

leah said...

Could you make a bag?

Dee said...

Ahhhhh...the thought of cooler weather is pleasing. Unfortunately, no cool weather here.

Hope you are feeling better soon. Falling is no fun!

workthatwardrobe said...

I've enjoyed catching up with your posts. You have been so busy. That sweater has given me some ideas for a pink cashmere cardigan I bought last year but which is looking a little tired.
The quilt is amazing - you are so patient.

littlestbirds said...

I love the blues in that quilt. Your mother will love it : )

workthatwardrobe said...

Thanks for your comments - I've just added some more clouds for you!

madalyn said...

What a great idea to add the ribbon trim to the cardigan! I think it looks great!

And I love the fabric you got! I think a cute bag would be cool.

Rose said...

yay quilting! quilting shops are my favorite fabric shops. it looks great...i love staying home sick and crafting!

Esther said...

I love the colours for the quilt - yoga for the eyes.

The first use that popped into my head for the material was 'underwear' - sorry I have a rather jaded view of politics!