Friday, September 12, 2008

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow!

What a wonderful day! I had a productive and busy day at work. During lunch time, I had time to run across the street to the used bookstore and sell them a nice pile of books. In exchange for my previously loved books, I was able to get Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic: Treasure Hunting and Decorating Guide. I love books that encourage flea market finds and little decorating ideas. I flipped right through it and there are so many little things I love. I absolutely love this little chest on the right hand side. And, this table swan is fantastic.... I'd be so happy if I found one to sit witness to my delicious dinners. Oh, the ideas are going to flow out of that little resource. And, it was free to me. Woohoo! I'm sure you all will see a lot more of those gorgeous little pages over the next couple of weeks!

I came home and started working on the Little Orphan Annie dress. The event I was making it is for is tomorrow morning. It's finished and I'm sort of happy. I think the dress should be made in the smaller size (guess that is kind of a nice thing) as it seems kind of big for me.... something to note if I make the pattern again.

I even Swiffered up all of the stray threads from the kitchen floor already. The sewing machine is packed away in preparation for the Sunday jewelry shindig.

And, now I'm off to knit.... what a fabulous Friday!

4 comments:

leah said...

Love the chabby chic look! Can't wait to see what you do with it. The dress looks awesome...not sure how you finished all you did today....woohoo to you!

workthatwardrobe said...

I love that dress. I love the colour and the way you wear it.
What an enchanting post. I feel calm already and I love that word you use for clearing up all the loose threads.

Iron Needles said...

I love days that work that way. Congrats on finishing the dress. Looks loverly!

Meredith said...

Your dress looks so pretty!!