Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When I start making my shoes, seek help!

I got dressed this morning and realized as I was about to leave the house that a good chunk of what I was wearing was made by my own hands. When I realized that, I felt accomplished and put together. Anywho, here is my outfit today... I tend to gravitate towards the pink and green combo. Every time I wear this dress, I get compliments even though it was the first dress I made. Such a good feeling!

I have no real news on knitting or sewing fronts. (Okay, isn't that a funny image when you put in in context of how "fronts" is typically used. As if the knitters were threatening to poke the sewers eyes out with needles. And the sewers threaten to make the knitters a super ugly garment! Yep, my brain is all over the place today.) I was out of town Sunday and yesterday, which left me with no time to do either activity. Both Tuesday and Wednesday are late nights at work. So, this Thursday and Friday I'm going to have to work big time on the Little Orphan Annie dress so it is ready for Saturday. And, hopefully a little It's a Wrap is in my future!

I did manage to get some great photos in New York on Sunday during my drive. September is such a beautiful time of year for long drives. Between the drive and this blog post, I've been thinking about going apple picking. I'm hoping I can twist my friend's arm into going with me. Apple crisp, Waldorf salad and all of those other apple-y delights are calling my name. Oh, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are already just asking to be made.... Yep, it's fall!

I've been missing my creative outlets what with all of the other things going on. I really need to get back to the bead store and check out the options for new fall jewels. I need to cast on the February Lady Sweater for my mom's Christmas gift. I need to find an outstanding 35th birthday gift for my friend Katie (Jewelry? Knitted object?). Ahh, the challenges of finding time for all of my loves....

6 comments:

leah said...

Your outfit looks fabulous!!! Good luck with all the projects! I hope it doesn't put too much pressure on you...I don't like crafting under pressure!

workthatwardrobe said...

I love those photos - what a wonderful world we live in.
Great dress, pink and green really suits you.

Dee said...

You look mahvelous!

Where do you go apple picking? Years ago we went to Stiers(sp?) out near Langhorne.

I wish we had apple orchards down here... there's nothing like fresh, unwaxed apples.

Iron Needles said...

There's the trick, isn't it? It's all about balance.

The outfit looks wonderful and you look terrific in it, too.

I miss fresh, off the tree apples. Of course, I get fresh, off the tree peaches!

Kathleen Taylor said...

I hope you do make shoes- I'd love to watch the process...

leah said...

I just gave you an award! Thanks for having such a super blog and making me smile so often!