Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Come out on Top

Today saw me finish the quilt top. And, that's about it, as I was home sick with whatever is going around at work. After one too many Law and Order episodes, I had to do something. Adding the edging fabric to the quilt top seemed like the best options. (Others were reading or sitting on the couch knitting.... getting off the couch was an objective so quilting won out in the end.) It measures 32" by 50" so should be a pretty good size for my mom to keep in the living room as a little warmer in winter. The back fabric is the same as the edge fabric and the binding tape is light blue. I'm planning to tie knots at corners.... just ordered the thread for that today. I think my mom will end up loving it. Now, keeping it a secret until Christmas might be the difficult part!


P.S. Last day for the knitiversary contest... enter now if you haven't already! I'll announce the winners tomorrow night.
P.P.S. Here's another contest over here. You should enter!

7 comments:

workthatwardrobe said...

Stacy - that quilt is lovely. Your mom will be so pleased. It reminds me of that Dolly Parton song, "Coat of Many Colurs" in which a coat was sewn with "love in every stitch".
It always brings a lump to my throat.

Jeanne said...

That is really beautiful! Hope you feel better soon...

leah said...

Wow that went so fast! and it looks awesome! I can't believe it is your first quilt!

Karen said...

Gorgeous work, Stacy! I just hope your mom doesn't read your blog...;D
Oh, and is it too late for your blogiversary contest?

Laurel said...

Looooooove it!

Kathleen Taylor said...

It's going to be a beautiful quilt- warm and comfy, which is exactly what you want it to be.

Karen said...

Okay, here's my entry to the blogiversary thingy: it's a tough call, but I think I'd have to go with "earrings, yarn, gift card" as my order of preference. And happy b'versary, while I'm at it!