Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Half Full

Even when plans are changed outside your control, there is still a silver lining. Tonight it took me about 1 hour and 50 minutes to drive the eight miles home from work. For some reason, the road I normally take was closed. When I got home at 7, I thought I was going to need to adjust my plans for the night. But I still managed to accomplish everything I wanted minus cooking a fresh dinner. I did laundry (such an exciting life!). I made apple cobbler (mmm... my apartment smells so good!). I worked on the sock. It truly was a wonderful evening after the traffic. And, now I'm off to crawl into a nice, clean, cozy bed. Life is good!

6 comments:

BigCat said...

What a lovely post. You've given me such much needed perspective this evening.

leah said...

Thanks for reminding me to keep loving for the half full part!

Dee said...

Knitting time, apple cobbler AND clean sheets, what could be better?

I love the first night of clean sheets when they still feel crisp.

Maria Rose said...

Sometimes a quiet and industrious night in is so rewarding!

Iron Needles said...

I prefer to see what I can be grateful for, too, in any given situation. And clean sheets is one of those things. Apple cobbler is just off the charts!

madalyn said...

Glad you were still able to get so much accomplished!