Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Fear This is Becoming A Cooking Blog...

...which is not my intention. With all the fresh ingredients lately I've been cooking and baking a lot. Tonight I came home and made my friend Cristy's zucchini casserole. It's so delicious and even the 1/3 of the recipe I made will feed me five times. If you are interested in the recipe, it is:
  • 6 cups shredded zucchini (I used zucchini and yellow squash)
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 boxes stuffing mix (chicken flavor)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 can creme of chicken soup
  • 1 cup mixed butter
Cook zucchini and onion in boiling water for five minutes. Drain and set aside. Mix together soup, carrots and sour cream. Fold in zucchini and onion. In a separate bowl mix butter and stuffing. Place half of stuffing in the bottom of a 13"x9" pan (sprayed with Pam). Then put vegetable mix over top. Top with the rest of stuffing mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

At the same time, I made apple bread with another one of my orchard apples. I'm trying to be good about using those gorgeous apples up and since none of them are MacIntoshs, I prefer to cook with them. I used this recipe but added some cinnamon and nutmeg. If I make it again, I will put in more apple, more cinnamon and perhaps top it with some sugary glaze. Tomorrow, my colleagues get apple bread!

Good night folks!

5 comments:

leah said...

Okay, I'm hungry again by reading your blog! You want to come cook for me?

Jewel said...

Thanks for the recipe I will try it.

Kathleen Taylor said...

oh wow- that casserole sounds fantastic!

Laura said...

The casserole looks yummy! I may have to try that recipe at some point.

Cristy and Caleb said...

So you are giving away my recipe on the internet....lol. I haven't made it yet, but have a hankering for it. I did shred and freeze some zucchini for the casserole. Maybe I to will make this weekend.