Friday, October 17, 2008

The Influence of Others

You all have inspired me.... either that or you are just bad influences. Today, I stopped by the yarn store and bought sock yarn. For my first pair of socks! Woot woot! Here it is...

I also have been working on the the It's a Wrap sweater today. I put the second set of sleeve stitches on scrap yarn and have made a little headway on the front. I am hoping to keep this momentum going.

I also went to the bead store today and signed up for the fused silver bracelet class. I'm taking it November 8th... can't wait! I love taking classes and learning new things. I got some beads for a Christmas gift too.

Tonight, I'm off to a friend's house and then the wineries tomorrow!

8 comments:

leah said...

Welcome to the dark side!!! having those warm socks on your feet makes me want to make them even more!

Dee said...

Ooooooooooo...Trekking XXL ... great choice! Wait until you get those on your feet.

You'll be a sock addict like the rest of us.

Leah is right. Welcome to the dark side. ;-)

Rose said...

buahahahahahahha. I mysteriously bought enough yarn for about 8 pairs of socks, before I even knew how to make them! there are so many tempting patterns out there.

littlestbirds said...

I am a big fan of Trekking XXL. Enjoy!

LadybirdLinz (:i:) said...

Lovely choice of yarn, great colour too. You'll never want to wear any other sock again ;)

Maria Rose said...

Man I wish I knew how to knit...maybe I will make it a New Year's resolution!

BigCat said...

Fantastic. I'll look forward to seeing progress on these new endeavours. I haven't attempted anything as clever as socks yet.

madalyn said...

I predict that you will fall in love with sock knitting! I know I did! Now I just have to get some more projects done and out of the way so I can start another pair...