Saturday, October 4, 2008

It's Officially Fall!

I'm officially declaring it fall! Why, you ask, do I think I have this power? Well, because I made THE pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last night. Those are the sign of official fall-dom to me. They are delicious (and bad for you in such a good, delightful way). They are my all time favorite cookie and a true sign of the impending winter to me. The recipe makes about 5 dozen so I have a bunch out and more in th freezer. The problem is I eat them like coffeecake.... time to get back on the treadmill, no?

The recipe, for those who care, is:

Cream together 1 cup shortening (now you know why I say not so good for you), 1 cup sugar and 1 cup pumpkin. Add 1 egg and miz well. Add 2 cups flour, 1 tsp soda, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tsp salt. Mix well and add 1 cup chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.

The source for these little treats is my mom... I have no idea where she got the recipe.

I've been enjoying them with this tea. It's a ginger lemon mix that my boss brought back from Harrod's for me. Absolutely delish (one of those things I probably wouldn't be good at sharing... kind of like the cookies actually!). I have no idea what I'll do when it's gone... make a trip to London perhaps?

3 comments:

Meredith said...

That sounds so yummy!

Jeanne said...

The cookies and tea sound good!

Dee said...

That's why they have the internet. I'm sure you can find the tea at Harrod's website.

The cookies look awesone. I have that same recipe in my cookie file. I think mine came from a Woman's Day magazine YEARS ago.