This morning on the way to work, I listened to this story on NPR. I found Mekaal Hasen inspiring in his commitment to making music that is different from the norm in his part of the world and in sharing that with others. We often take for granted our ability to do the creative pursuits that inspire us; not everyone has that luxury. This story offered a gentle reminder to not undervalue my freedom to be creative, access the necessary supplies and to share that creative love with others.
My goals, creatively, for the month of October are simple:
- finish the quilt for my mom
- finish the Christmas gift for my friend
- work on the green wool dress I recently bought fabric for
- complete the It's a Wrap sweater (I decided it didn't need to be frogged!)
- Start the February Lady Sweater for my mom
- work on curriculum writing I need to do for a conference in February
Following through is the least I can do to fully celebrate my creative freedom. I am a lucky girl indeed!