Thursday, October 16, 2008

More information about me than you need...

I was tagged by Amy at badskirt for this meme... and goodness knows I'm a sucker when tagged.

The rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you
- Mention the rules
- Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular or random details about yourself
- Tag six other bloggers by linking to them
- Go to each person's blog and leave a comment that lets them know they've been tagged

Fun facts about me:
- I'm a big chicken wing snob and will only eat them a few places outside of Buffalo, NY.
- In college, I could sign liquor licenses and bail people out of jail as part of my student government responsibilities. (I never actually signed a liquor license but I did bail a lot of people out for public urination or open container violations.)
- I try to get all of my Christmas shopping done before Thanksgiving because I can't handle crowds and slow walking people (Unless they are 80 and have a walker - I'm much nicer to old folks).
- I am definitely an introvert.... quiet and alone time are essential to my wellbeing.
- When I was a kid, I "won" a gold medal in the reading Olympics... and then I worked backwards and got a silver and bronze too. (And, I'm still a geek today...)
- I've personally been involved in the after effects of a hate crime. It forever changed me and made me more committed to eliminating hate.

Tagging the following:
- Leah at Knitting Giraffe because I'm totally intrigued by what her facts will be...
- Dee at Tangled Up in Sticks who always shares fun facts.
- The lovely ladies at Yarned Forces who have become my new blog as well as email buddies.
- Maria at little things are big because she has a wonderful outlook on life.
- Kyla from Two Peas in a Pod for welcoming me as an unofficial Canadian citizen.
- My friend Cristy, who just recently got married! Woohoo!

7 comments:

Amy (badskirt) said...

Oh! I got a gold in the reading olympics too! Thanks for joining in!

Rose said...

thanks for tagging us in our first meme. you are so sweet!

workthatwardrobe said...

I won a gold medal in our Olympic Summer Library Reading Contest too. It was the Montreal Olympics at the time. I was 10!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

I will be posting crazy facts about me on Saturday. Thanks for letting me play.
Cheers Kyla

Drewzel said...

I've made it 'Blogtoberfest Fave Friday' play along if you like...check out my post. xx

Maria Rose said...

I like your plan for Christmas shopping. I tend to want to walk quickly when shopping (not a fan) and I always get stuck behind the wandering person on their cell phone. They always seem to be flailing about so I can't pass.

littlestbirds said...

ah, the sweet memories of reading olympics : )

Random facts are so fun to read!