Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oh, how I love the Eggplant!

You may have wondered what this was about. Well, that lovely little seam ripper of mine earned some overtime yesterday. When I make dresses in my typical size, they are too big. This time I decided to make the smaller size. Big mistake! The eggplant dress, while lovely, was too tight around the rib cage* (and perfect everywhere else). So I've been trying a number of alterations so that the rib cage area fit better. So far, none of them have worked. I have one to two more ideas to salvage the dress. I got to a point yesterday where 1.) I needed to walk away and 2.) I had to go to work. I might try again today. Or I might just call it a wash for the weekend. I'm hoping to fix it because the dress will be so fantastic if I can get it to fit right.

I had to include this photo of the eggplant mug, since I pulled it out of the cupboard for tea right after writing this post. And, I promise not to make a "Butternut Squash" dress....




* Note to self: maybe you need to make dresses between two sizes.

3 comments:

Dee said...

Sorry your dress is giving you such a problem.

But, I have to say, the eggplant mug is just perfect. What pretty colors!

workthatwardrobe said...

Oh Stacy I hope you work it out. That's why I don't invest the time making clothes because in the past I always got it wrong and didn't have the patience to salvage my errors.
Good Luck!

Iron Needles said...

I learned a good lesson when I figured out that sometimes it's best to put something down and walk away. Still not an easy thing for me to do.

I signed up for Blogtoberfest, too, by the way!