Monday, October 27, 2008

Seeking Your Advice

Remember this sweater from about a month ago? I did a little rehab by adding the ribbon around the collar to fix a rip. Well, today my colleague discovered it is so well loved that I have worn through the left elbow. Let's all pause for a moment of sadness.....

Alright, so now we have to think of alternative uses for this little love. Do we think there is anyway to save it? What else could I use this lovely cashmere knit for? Any and all suggestions welcome... I love brainstorming!

8 comments:

leah said...

I really wish I had some awesome advice for you! Worse case...you could felt it and make a bag?

Margaret Cloud said...

You could get those elbow patches, some come in imitation leather.

Jane said...

How about a short sleeved cardigan?

Jewel said...

I was thinking of the felted bag idea also!

Dee said...

I second making it into a short sleeve cardigan. You could do the same ribbon edging on the sleeves.

Kathleen Taylor said...

Maybe you could do some embroidery on the sweater, and artfully cover the bare-ish spot.

Maria Rose said...

I like the idea of the short sleeved cardigan, they are in style and you could even pair it with a cute long sleeved shirt when it gets colder.

madalyn said...

I'm liking the short-sleeved cardigan idea!