Friday, October 10, 2008

Such Pretty Things Littered About...

My home is littered with craft stuff right now. And it's messy! The kitchen table is covered with the sewing machine, eggplant dress, spools of thread and other scrap fabric. (Not to mention the pieces of loose thread covering the floor.) The bench in the living room has the quilt sitting on it, waiting to be tied and bound. A chair in the living room has the It's a Wrap sweater and other yarn on it. There are skeins of yarn waiting to become a February Lady Sweater sitting in a bag in the bedroom. My scraps for the Scrap Challenge sit, waiting for inspiration, by the computer (Why there? I'm not sure either.). The only organization in Stacy's craft-ville is the beads. They are all neatly in their container. And, they did come out to play last night, when I made some earrings. They just know how to clean up after themselves better than the yarn and the fabric. (That and they roll away when not corralled in some container.) Right now, the bathroom seems to be the only area untouched. (Heck if that gets taken over, I'm done!) Guess I should organize my crafting this weekend....

6 comments:

Dee said...

I organized my knitting and cross stitch closet last week. I found it inspiring.

It's so much easier to work on things when you know WHAT you have and WHERE it is.

I picked up a cross stitch kit that I KNOW must be 15 years old, at least! LOL

Kathleen said...

I'm in the process of PROJECTS in my home, so I have my things strung from one end to the other. I hate the way it looks, but I'm DOIN STUFF right now, so it has to be.

Maybe on Sunday I can clean it up.

Iron Needles said...

Sounds like a craft-fest going on!

Jeanne said...

I usually keep my proejcts in a basket - but occasionally they break free and end up all over...

little red hen said...

Sounds like my place, except my teenagers have had a go at making the bathroom messy too!

Wilde Thyme Knits said...

I organised my stash just this week. I sense of peace now prevails!