Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thinking About Frogging

I'm thinking I should frog the It's a Wrap. I haven't been knitting it in a couple days. Although I swatched beforehand, it is coming out a little shorter than I'd like. I just haven't quite gotten myself to the point of actually frogging all of the knitting I've done already. So, it is hibernating on a chair in my living room, a place where I can look at it with guilt each day.

Instead, I cast on a Christmas gift for a friend today. It's a quick project; probably about 1/3 done already. Such wonderful thick wool! I just love the feel of the yarn within my hands. I also poked around on Ravelry looking for a scarf pattern for my friend for Christmas. I'm deciding between Argosy and Clapotis. I want something warm, practical, pretty and colorful. Hmm... decisions! All thoughts welcomed...

More to come later today...

3 comments:

Rose said...

ohh frogging is such a bummer! sometimes it is necessary and cathartic, however. good luck!

leah said...

Oh no! Too short! Is it something you could add a border to and be happy or does it just need to start over?

Jeanne said...

Too bad about the frogging - always painful! As far as the scarf - I've made Clapotis - its one of those patterns that seems to take a long time, but when its done you love it and want to make another one!