Saturday, October 25, 2008

Turning the Heel

The joy of a rainy day! I pretty much stayed in the apartment for most of the day. I turned the heel of the first sock and lived to tell about it. Others made it seems complicated. And although I didn't quite get it at first, it suddenly made sense. I'm now about half way down the foot. I'm hoping to finish this first sock by Monday.

I also finally cut out the pattern pieces for my hunter green dress. I got the zipper and thread today and hope to get started on that soon. I need more dresses in my fall wardrobe!

Now, it's time to curl up on the couch with In Style and enjoy a cozy little night in....

4 comments:

Dee said...

Do you mean to say you aren't watching the World Series?????

I love quiet, rainy nights. I get SO much done.

Congrats on the heel finish. Pretty soon you'll be sockin' along.

leah said...

Way to go on the heel! Once you do it, it isn't so bad!

Jeanne said...

Yesterday was the perfect knitting day - unfortunately, I spent most of the day out. Congrats on turning the heel - the first one is always the worst!

Iron Needles said...

I didn't think the heel was such a big deal either, but I knew about short rows. It is fun to give form to the tube, isn't it?

One of the things I love about reading your blog is finding out what weather my eldest is living with!