Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Warmth and Love in a Christmas Gift

It's officially done! The quilt was washed, dried and ready to be put in the Christmas gift closet. It's squishy and lovely and I'm so freaking excited!!! My mom is going to love it. I love it. It's freaking fantastic. And, I'm totally pleased to have finished my first quilt. Here's to many more in my future. (I'm thinking about making a pillow to accompany it as I have leftover squares...hmmm.)

Off to read the Yarn Harlot's new book... I bowed to peer pressure and bought it yesterday.

10 comments:

leah said...

It looks amazing! It seems like it went really fast too! Your mom will love it!

Rose said...

loooovely! its going to be a great gift.

Dee said...

There is not a better gift than something hand made by your child. I know your mom will LOVE this quilt!

BigCat said...

It looks beautiful. She'll love it. Can't wait to see what you make next.

Kathleen Taylor said...

What a lovely quilt, and a beautiful gift.

Amy (badskirt) said...

Christmas gives already! I'm very impressed. I want to thank you for ready my blog and I've tagged you in a meme today if you want to join in the fun!

workthatwardrobe said...

Well done you ! Can't wait to see the next project.

Iron Needles said...

Go for the pillow!

LadybirdLinz (:i:) said...

You have one lucky Mum (Mom) I think a matching pillow would be so cool. Well done you, it's amazing.

Maggie R said...

Hi Stacy..
I entered the same quit give away as you did....LOL Soooooo
Thought i would pop by and see what you were doing. Your blog is really neat... I have enjoyed my visit.. I am a quilter, come fibre artist, come beader, come doll maker!!! Oh yes and Bags!! I love making bags!! and knitting too. I just bought some more sock yarn!! Doncha just love the colors they have!!
I love your first quilt... Your Mom will be so tickled with it....Good for you learning these things while you are young. I never did until my family was all grown and launched from the nest..VBG!!Anyway I will follow your blog as it made me feel good!!!! Blessings
xoxo
(((hugs)))
Maggie, waving from Southern Ontario, Canada....