Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Choice Between Yarn and Food Would be Hard to Make

Ahh, success! Today was filled with crafty enterprises - sewing, yarn shopping and a wee bit of knitting. But first, here is the scarf I finished yesterday for my friend's Christmas gift. I like how it came out and I hope she is pleased with it. Between the scarf and some earrings, she should enjoy my crafty love!

I woke up about 7:30 this morning. After a little putzing around, I started back to work on the the green dress. By 11 AM, it was pretty much together. I love the gathers on it - at the waist and under the bust. At this time, the only thing left is the hem. I'm attempting a blind hem, which will be a first for me. I've been practicing on scraps all afternoon.... time to move on to doing it on the dress. I will either finish it tonight or tomorrow.

I also took a little venture out to my LYS today. I wanted to get a couple of things to keep me busy the next couple of week while I'm away. I decided to make my mom some socks for Christmas, as I know her sweater won't be done on time. (Luckily, her birthday is in January so hopefully I'll get moving in time to have it done by then.) So this gorgeous silver yarn will make some fancy schmancy socks for mom. And, some delicious purple-y yarn for a scarf, like above, for myself. Both are portable projects, to make my life easy.

What did you accomplish this Sunday?

6 comments:

Dee said...

I went to the going out of business sale at A. C. Moore where I got the last skein of the yarn I needed for a friend's Christmas present.

I went to the LYS and got Flat Feet and a skein of Noro Silk Garden sock yarn.

Then I started (and finished) another Christmas dishcloth.

It was a GOOD day.

I love the scarf you knit. The ruffly edge is pretty. I just know your friend will love it too.

leah said...

I've been good and did school work today!

Jane said...

I spent most of Sunday in bed with a migeaine but before that I did manage to get up to date with my NaNoWriMo novel (39,152 words so far) and inspired by you I used some of my eBay credit to but some wool. It is super chunky and in pink!

Jewel said...

Good luck with the Christmas gifts the scarf looks great!

Maria Rose said...

The scarf looks really great!
Let's see, Sunday I visited with a friend from out of town!

madalyn said...

Is that purple-y yarn Manos? I think I used that same colorway (or one close to it) for my "My So Called Scarf" last year!

What did I accomplish this past Sunday? I did all my Thanksgiving grocery shopping!