Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election - Part II

I won't go on about my pride in my country or how historic this election was (although I could. And for paragraphs and paragraphs.). I'm just grateful that the American people won. More people voted this year than previous years. We truly came together as one people and stated what was in our minds and hearts. Yes, this country is split at times. But McCain had it exactly right last night - we must unite behind our leaders. Surely we will disagree at times but that is healthy and ultimately best for our democracy. May we move forward again as the United States of America.

All that said, I'm true blue today.....

6 comments:

leah said...

It is super to live in a place where we can all express our opinion and then all come together regardless of who won!

flossy-p said...

I too, feel like finally the "democracy" is finally back on track. The people have gotten enough courage back to show they have a voice, and that the government is suppose to represent them, not control them.

The same thing happened here last year. And it was a grand relief.

Congratulations :D

workthatwardrobe said...

I read the pages and pages of stories in the British papers today. I bet it is so much more exciting over there for you all.

Maria Rose said...

I can't believe we were all witness to such an amazing and historical event. I feel real hope.

Thalia said...

I wept as I watched the news, and Obama's speech. And McCain gave a classy speech, as you mention.

The city was alive with people celebrating. It feels like the government will be about the citizens again, not about a handful of wealthy elites.

It's amazing.

flossy-p said...

Hey, thanks for entering my giveaway! :)