Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ending Blogtoberfest on a (Slightly) Slacker Note

Oh, Blogtoberfest! I was so darn close! I posted every day except Halloween. Oh well.... what can you do?

I have managed to get almost all of my weekend goals done today. The only thing I didn't get to the jewelry today.

I cut out the dress pieces. I still need to iron and cut out the lining pieces after I mark of the appropriate areas on the wool crepe.

I finished the body of It's a Wrap and have moved on to the first sleeve, as evidenced above. I cast on the second sock and have about 3/4 of an inch done.

I did sewing surgery on two of Rosy's toys that she recently split open. I even managed to clean almost all of my apartment too! Woohoo! I'm feeling like today was a day well spent.

Yesterday, I spent the day up at Rutgers University working with the collegiate women from my sorority. It was a good time, although a long day what with the 6-ish AM departure time. Thank goodness for early morning Starbucks....

Happy end of Blogtoberfest for all of the other revelers. And now only 53 days until Christmas. Off to organize my Christmas gift list!

4 comments:

workthatwardrobe said...

Congratulations. I am on day three of NaNoWriMo.
I get up at 6am, write for an hour before taking the dog out wand waking the children.
I can't even think about Christmas until it's all over.

Dee said...

Reading about your weekend makes me tired for you. You were BUSY!

I did manage to get new socks cast on the needles.

The rest of the weekend was spent trying to get the Halloween stuff put away, redoing the planters by the pool and all that "un-fun" getting ready for the next season stuff.

Jewel said...

Wow you got alot done! I did think about Christmas today and printed off a pattern for mittens.

Maria Rose said...

Wow, you had a really productive weekend. Congratulations!