Thursday, November 20, 2008

I Should be Knitting, Not Working... I Wish

Work has been challenging lately.... a lot going on on campus, especially as the semester coming to an end. So I haven't been crafting much lately. My dress is languishing on my kitchen table. My thought is that I really must get to working on it, as I'm going to a conference (to Denver! Any yarn store recs people???) when I get home from Thanksgiving and the plan was to take it with me.

The scarf I'm making for my friend is developing, although rather slowly. (How can a scarf go slowly? Hmm, I ask myself the same thing.) I'm hoping to finish it during my time off for the Thanksgiving holiday. Also, must plot out of the out of town knitting... what to pack....

I also need to think creatively about a couple of additional Christmas gifts. I'd prefer to make something addition for my mom, but haven't figured out yet what to make.

What your favorite homemade Christmas gift?

6 comments:

leah said...

Scarves take me forever too!

Dee said...

Probably cross stitched ornaments would be my favorite gift to receive.

To give? Maybe a knit dishcloth or a stitched ornament.

Kathleen Taylor said...

My favorite homemade Christmas gift is anything my grandkids make for me (the construction paper-ier, the better).

From adults- I'd love anything handmade: mittens, socks, hat... Homemade goodies are always lovely too, even though we can't eat much these days (banana bread... fudge...)

Jane said...

I love making preserves, jam, chutney that kind of thing.
How about a knitted corsage?

Iron Needles said...

There are ALOT of yarn stores in Denver. Which depends on where you are. I suggest going to the Colorado Knitters group on Ravelry. There is a thread listing almost all of them in one place. I have only been to one, Lamb Shoppe, which was fine, and very friendly, but a little looking like they were doing a lot of restocking. It was ok because I met someone there and we were mostly knitting and visiting and not shopping so much.

Maria Rose said...

My favorite Christmas gift is a song my hubby wrote for me!

PS Sorry I don't know of any good yarn stores in Denver. There is a place called I Love to Knit, but I have never been there.