Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My House Looks Like a Craft Tornado Went Through It

Thanks for the jewelry love folks.... it was my first time playing with fused silver. I don't know that I'd invest in the supplies to do it at home (altogether, it would probably run me at least $100 for supplies minus the silver wire) but I totally loved it. So, for now I'm sticking to playing with wire... no fusing.

I bought some lovely Cascade 220 pink yarn on Saturday to make this scarf for my friend for Christmas. She lives in Chicago so goodness knows a scarf is appropriate. I'm doing my best to work on the 2nd sock (more than half done) and the It's a Wrap before allowing myself to cast on. Fingers crossed on that one....

As for sewing, I really must get back to working on my green dress. Everything is cut out and a bunch of pieces are laying on the table calling my name. Oh, where is the time? It seems as though work is getting in my way of being my crafty self. Again fingers crossed, I will work on it on Saturday morning before I head to work.

What are you working on right now?

6 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I am working on my 1980s NKOTB outfit. I love the scarf you are planning to make for your friend. I think pink was a great color choice!

Kathleen Taylor said...

I'm knitting a fair isle sweater from handspun yarn. But I need to knit 4 more simple ribbed hats, a pair of gloves, and 3 pairs of socks for Christmas, so I should be doing that instead.

Iron Needles said...

What am I working on, or what I have ready to work on, or what I want to work on????

Laura said...

Lovely yarn, lovely post. I am afraid I,too, have no time for crafting lately. I dream of it though while sitting in my office all day at work.

Jeanne said...

Very pretty yarn - and what a great pattern!

madalyn said...

I'm kinda sorta in between projects right now. Finished my friend's tam, need to wind up the yarn for my next project, still have a lace shawl sitting in a corner, tormenting me...