Monday, November 10, 2008

No Knitting But Ducks

This weekend was un-crafty. I don't think I got anything done. I was too busy to do anything. And, quite honesty that kind of bites. Good thing I was a good busy!

Saturday, I took my fused silver bracelet class (photos to come.... gotta take 'em still). It was so fun! I love when people give me a little torch and firing block and allow me to melt things. I also thought the hammering was a lot of fun. The bracelet came out great and was so fun to make!

From there, I went to work (I'm a lucky girl, aren't I?). I spent 3 hours wandering from sorority house to sorority house as they met some of the freshmen women. One chapter gave me great chocolate covered pretzels and lemonade - love those women! It was nice to spend some time with the women outside of the office too. Then, off to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner with a friend... (and a car fill up at $2.04/gallon!!!! One of the good things about New Jersey). We had a good time. It's always good to catch up. Home and to bed for a busy Sunday....

Sunday morning I had a date. We did the Duck Tour of Philly. It was tons of fun. All of my photos are from that. The guy was great too and I think we will be getting together again. Afterwards, it was back to work... same thing as Saturday with different groups. Then, finally home to nurse away my headache. Luckily, I get to head in late today....so perhaps a little knitting this morning?

8 comments:

Meredith said...

That class sounds like a lot of fun! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Jewel said...

The class sounds like it was fun, can't wait also to see what you made.

Jane said...

No wonder you had no time to craft but I am glad you had some work and some fun.
Sounds like a great date too!

Maria Rose said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a great weekend! I am excited to see the photos of your bracelet.

Iron Needles said...

I have a bet with Wonderful Guy that somewhere in town gas will be below $2 by EOW. I saw it last night at 2.06!

madalyn said...

Sounds like you had a good weekend, even though you had to work! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the bracelet.

Laurel said...

Yeah for a great duck tour :)

Dee said...

Love the picture with the red door!

Can't wait to see the jewelry.