- At one point in my life, I wanted to go into politics. I was even a poli sci major in college. The nastiness that candidates face turned me off.
- In retrospect, I wish I had made more effort in my college studies. I did not do as well as I cold have because I allowed myself to get distracted by all of my co-curricular stuff.
- I met Philadelphia Police Commissioner Ramsey last week when he spoke on campus. It was definitely the highlight of my week as I'm a huge fan. I lived in the DC area during the sniper shootings and he was the DC/MD/VA joint task force chair for the shootings and spokesman. It was nice to be able to express my appreciation for his calming words and dedicated work during that time.
- I'm actually a pretty decent creative writer when I practice. I need to do more of that, if only because I'd like to write a book someday.
- I'm a good cook, even without recipes. I don't do as much of it as I should but do have a pretty good sense of what would taste good together.
- I have a light sensitivity that causes me to sneeze in the sun. It's one of those quirks few people have - and I'm one of them. I also have my mother's family sneeze: gotta do it at least three times.
- I keep debating going back to school for a EdD or PhD. One of the things holding me back is the GREs, since I had the flu the first time I took them. And, research and paper writing would take me away from my crafts.... I don't know that I want to lose that time.
As a total side note, I just took Rosy for a walk and it was ever so lightly snowing! That kind that is pretty while falling but doesn't amount to anything (ie. my favorite kind).... I think it stopped already but it certainly was lovely.