Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Seven Things

I've been tagged by Laurel to tell you 7 things about me you probably don't know.... oh the possibilities.
  1. At one point in my life, I wanted to go into politics. I was even a poli sci major in college. The nastiness that candidates face turned me off.
  2. In retrospect, I wish I had made more effort in my college studies. I did not do as well as I cold have because I allowed myself to get distracted by all of my co-curricular stuff.
  3. I met Philadelphia Police Commissioner Ramsey last week when he spoke on campus. It was definitely the highlight of my week as I'm a huge fan. I lived in the DC area during the sniper shootings and he was the DC/MD/VA joint task force chair for the shootings and spokesman. It was nice to be able to express my appreciation for his calming words and dedicated work during that time.
  4. I'm actually a pretty decent creative writer when I practice. I need to do more of that, if only because I'd like to write a book someday.
  5. I'm a good cook, even without recipes. I don't do as much of it as I should but do have a pretty good sense of what would taste good together.
  6. I have a light sensitivity that causes me to sneeze in the sun. It's one of those quirks few people have - and I'm one of them. I also have my mother's family sneeze: gotta do it at least three times.
  7. I keep debating going back to school for a EdD or PhD. One of the things holding me back is the GREs, since I had the flu the first time I took them. And, research and paper writing would take me away from my crafts.... I don't know that I want to lose that time.
I'm not tagging anyone but if interested feel free to play along....

As a total side note, I just took Rosy for a walk and it was ever so lightly snowing! That kind that is pretty while falling but doesn't amount to anything (ie. my favorite kind).... I think it stopped already but it certainly was lovely.

3 comments:

Dee said...

I have that sun sneeze and multi-sneeze thing too.

The snow walk sounds like fun. I miss the autumn trees and I miss snow.

Maria Rose said...

GREs are terrible. I did mediocre (late night before the test= bad idea)and still got into a great grad school.

Jane said...

Nice to hear some more about you - Good Luck with whatever you decided to do and SNOW - how lovely.
When I went to New York a few years back it snowed that kind of snow - I felt I was in a film!