Monday, November 24, 2008

Sometimes it IS Easy Being Green...

I'm totally loving this dress! It's wool crepe fabric made into Vogue pattern #V8472. I lined it with a brown cotton broadcloth, which went in like buttah. It was the first time I did a lining and my first blind hem, both of which are next to perfect. I wore it to work today.... super comfortable for a day putzing around at work. I had on heels today but changed before walking the dog this evening. I got loads of compliments from staff and students. (I love that shocked reaction people give you when you say "Oh, I made it this weekend.") So, I'm excited to debut it at my conference in a week!

11 comments:

BigCat said...

It looks fabulous. You should be proud to say you made it.

Dee said...

Great job! It looks very nice on.

leah said...

Awesome! How nice to have colleagues who notice!

Kristina said...

Super cute! It looks so versatile too. Bonus!

Kathleen Taylor said...

The dress is gorgeous and you look great wearing it!

Jewel said...

You looks so cute on you. Great color!

Laurel said...

Very cute, are you wearing that for AFA? I miss you and can't wait to see you very soon! :)

madalyn said...

The dress looks great!

crazyknittinglady said...

That is some kick-ass sewing!
Me on the other hand, I'm still waiting to sew up grocery bags from all the fabric I bought in the summer. I think knitting won't let me stray.

Rose said...

beautiful! love the green fabric.

Iron Needles said...

That is gorgeous! And it looks lovely on you, too.

Don't you love it when a plan comes together?