Friday, November 7, 2008

Sunshine and Happiness

The brightness of this photo reminds me so much of my week. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful time.... bright, happy and filled with good things. The residuals of the Phillies World Series win and then Obama's win has made the citizens of Philadelphia very happy. People have been saying hi to each other on the street.... simply unheard of! The only blotch on the week is the city's huge budget crisis. Let's just say we will have very few services this year. The mayor is giving himself a pay cut. Oh, this city always keeps things interesting!

I have been working away a little by little on the second sock. It is about half done now... I will probably turn the heel tonight. Mostly though this week was a bust craft-wise. I have been busy each night - late work meetings on Monday, election stuff on Tuesday, late work meetings Wednesday, and a date last night (pretty decent). I'm so grateful to be home tonight, hanging out of the couch and working on the sock.

I'm hoping the weekend will offer me productive craft time. Tomorrow I'm taking a fused silver bracelet class at Bumble Beads. I'm looking forward to learning some new jewelry skills. I'm planning to spend Sunday evening working on the green wool crepe dress. And, ideally a little knitting thrown in there for good measure. Should be wonderful.....

What are you up to this weekend?

4 comments:

leah said...

Can't wait to see what jewelry things you learn! Me....I'll be spinning :)

Kathleen Taylor said...

oooh- the fused silver workshop sounds fascinating!

I was going to spend the weekend with my grandkids visiting,but they got snowed in at home. So I'm spending my weekend growling at the weather and knitting. Not as much fun as playing with the kiddos, but it'll do.

Dee said...

Right now I'm hanging on hold trying to straighten out my email accounts. Sounds like fun, eh?

Hopefully the rest of the weekend will be more interesting. Have fun at the bead shop!

Maria Rose said...

Fused silver bracelet class? Wow, that sounds like fun!