Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Beautiful, Icy Little Sunday

Today, I woke up to a nice sheet of frozen rain - ie. ice - all around. Luckily, it was fairly light and did not take down power lines and whatnot. The trees looks decorated by nature, ready for the upcoming Christmas holiday. My little walk with the dog, on the other hand, resorted in a lot of "Rosy, stop" so that I did not end up sliding along!

About 11 AM, I headed out to clean off the car and head over to Cherry Hill, NJ to meet my friend Alissa for a little Starbucks knitting. We both have holidays gifts we needed to make serious progress on. I'm pleased to report I turned the heel (um, Freudian slip, I almost typed heel with one e and two l's) last night and started on the foot today. I have about another inch before I start the toe decreases. Hopefully I'll finish that up tonight and complete the sock tomorrow! And then, a quick wrap and under the tree they go....

I ended my day out by shopping for all of the ingredients for the chili recipe I've been craving. I just finished a bowl and now have deliciousness for the next couple of days. Tomorrow, I will make some tomato basil beer bread (from a mix, just add beer) to compliment it.

How have you spent your Sunday?

2 comments:

Dee said...

Lunch at our favorite Philly-style cheesesteak place, then off to Barnie's to sit out on the porch and knit.

It was a perfect first day of winter here. LOL minus the ice, but I did get to see plenty of snow during the New England football game that was on tv during lunch.

Wish we could have watched the Eagles game instead, but any football is better than none, I guess.

Tinniegirl said...

My Sunday was lovely. Christmas lunch with the inlaws and Christmas Carols and supper with good friends.

Now I'm enjoying a quiet Monday and getting in holiday mode.