Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Eight Things About Christmas

Linda from Life in the Dome tagged me for 8 things (eons ago and I'm just catching up now!). Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.

My things about Christmas are:
  1. I like to decorate with snowmen and then leave them out after the holiday. Right now, the window sill in my living room is covered with happy little snowmen, greeting me each time I look outside.
  2. I think the stockings might be my favorite part of Christmas morning. I love the odd little trinkets and creativity that goes into my stocking.
  3. I do sometimes tend to get Seasonal Affective Disorder during the holidays.
  4. My favorite Christmas cartoon is How The Grinch Stole Christmas, in part because there is a bit of my sorority ritual in it.
  5. My favorite Christmas movie is Love, Actually. It makes me giggle like a school girl. I just adore it.
  6. In 4th grade, we made wreaths out of shredded wheat with our pictures in the center. My mom had that ornament for the longest time, until some mice found it and thought decade old dyed green shredded wheat was a great treat. Every year at this time, that thought gives me a chuckle.
  7. I like to eat omelets on Christmas morning. It seems like a special treat to make them stuffed full with tomato, cheese, mushrooms and ham. I'm salivating at the thought already.
  8. I like to snoop for my gifts. I hate surprises. I have gotten better about snooping - you know, since I'm not 10 anymore. But, I still like to know....
I'm not tagging anyone, only because it's that time of year where people don't have time to be tagged. (It does take away from quality knitting time... speaking of which, I do really need to work on those socks!) Participate if you'd like.... just leave me a comment for I can link to your post.

No comments: