Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Hat That Won't Let Go

So, that hat that caused the startitis? Yeah, it is further diverting me from my socks for Mom. I spent last night playing with the cashmere yumminess, while simultaneously feeling guilty for not making progress on the socks. Ahh, knitting guilt is not fun!
Anywho, is it a style that is somewhat beret-ish. I like that the cables aren't overly cable-y, although I'm not entirely sure why. I'm hoping to finish it over the next two days and get myself back on the sock bus.

Off to knit with little little glass of wine....this stuff is a hint of chocolate-ness among the wine. It's a NYS wine from Hammondsport, NY. Simply delish and needed after today! And really what is better than knitting and chocolate?

5 comments:

Kathleen Taylor said...

Nothing is better than knitting and chocolate...

The hat is gorgeous- I can see how soft it is.

Iron Needles said...

Not much! Unless too much of one requires a re-do of the other!

P.S. Your comments are very kind, and I appreciate them all!

Maria Rose said...

Sometimes a glass of wine is just the perfect addition to creativity!

Jane said...

I am just about to cast on and make a beret!

Jeanne said...

The hat is very pretty - and nothing wrong with a quick project now and then. The wine sounds good! Hope you had a good time knitting and drinking it