Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Red and Green Type of Day...with a Dash of Pink for Good Measure

Today has just been the Christmas-ist of days. I bought a small tree last night since my mom is coming here. I did not want to spend a lot and popped into the Christmas Tree Shop to see if I could find something on the cheap. I found this lovely little pinkie for $16! Yes, I bought a pink tree. I got it mostly to hear my mom's reaction , although I do truly love pink. Today, after a side trip to the groomer's for Rosy and Target for me, I decorated it up and gathered the Christmas gifts around it. The tree really is pure cheesiness but it will do for this year.

I also made another one of these birds with some catnip inside for my friend Katie's cat's Christmas gift. The pattern is from Spool and I made a bunch of the catnip toys for friend's cats. Right now, he's sitting in the tree high up. For some reason, Rosy likes catnip (confusion perhaps?) so I figured it should be out of her immediate reach.

To top off the day, I have been doing all of these fun things to Love Actually and The Holiday. Ahh, wonderful holiday movies! Oh, and a bit of Silver Bells sock knitting occurred during the film watching. Absolutely perfect....

Yesterday, I also managed to get my Christmas packages out in the mail. Aside from the sock knitting, I'm ahead of the game.... guess I should knit more, huh?

4 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like you have been happily productive today.

Your little pink tree is adorable! Very 50's and girlie!

Vince said...

Do you like Movies, Trivia & Quiz? Please come to visit my blog "Vince's Quiz"!
http://atvinces.blogspot.com/
Vous aimez le cinéma et les quizs? Venez donc voir mon blog "Vince's Quiz"!
http://atvinces.blogspot.com/

Jeanne said...

Love the pink tree! Sounds like you are very productive...

madalyn said...

That pink tree cracks me up!